Tooth-Colored Fillings – Hamilton, ON
Seamless Cavity Repair for Young Smiles
Cavities are one of the most common dental problems among children. They may not have mastered their oral hygiene habits yet, and they tend to love sweets — dental decay can easily result. If your young one develops this problem, do not worry. Our Hamilton pediatric dental team offers seamless cavity repair with tooth-colored fillings. This fast and simple procedure can get your child’s oral health back on track ASAP!
Why Choose Hamilton Pediatric Dental Care for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Highly Skilled Pediatric Dental Specialist
- Sedation Available if Necessary
- Beautiful and Durable Results
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
In the past, dentists always used a material called silver amalgam to treat cavities. It was composed of mercury and other metals. Not only did it have an unattractive appearance, but it also raised health concerns for many patients.
Tooth-colored fillings are different. They are made out of a biocompatible composite resin, which can be shade-matched to blend in with the surrounding dentition. It is also metal-free. We simply insert it into the cavity so it can protect the tooth’s sensitive inner layers, prevent the decay from spreading, and allow your child to enjoy a healthy and strong smile.
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
The process of getting a tooth-colored filling is quick and comfortable. First, we usually numb the portion of the patient’s mouth where we will be working. In some cases, we may also administer sedation.
To prepare the tooth to receive the filling, we remove decayed tissue from inside the cavity. Next, we insert the resin and harden it with a special curing light. We finish up by polishing the filling so it will not interfere with your child’s bite or the appearance of their smile.
The entire treatment takes less than an hour, and your child should be able to resume their normal routine right after they leave our office.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings offer some remarkable benefits:
- A beautiful appearance. Your child will not have to feel self-conscious about dark spots in their smile.
- No metal. Tooth-colored fillings are metal-free, making them ideal for individuals who have sensitivities, allergies, or concerns about the potential health effects of mercury.
- Tooth-colored fillings can last for several years, so they are suitable for either baby teeth or permanent teeth.
- Reduced sensitivity. Tooth-colored fillings do not expand and contract in response to temperature changes, so are unlikely to damage your child’s teeth or cause heightened sensitivity. They also do not conduct temperatures like old-fashioned metal fillings, so they cannot irritate the inner layers of teeth.